- Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
- The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
- I know of* no reason
- Why the Gunpowder Treason
- Should ever be forgot.
- Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t’was his intent
- To blow up the King and Parli’ment.
- Three-score barrels of powder below
- To prove old England’s overthrow;
- By God’s providence he was catch’d
- With a dark lantern and burning match.
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
Also remember: “People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.”
Happy Guy Fawkes Day.