A big thanks to Matt Graham for inviting me to speak at the Durham WordPress Meetup last evening. I hope it was as enjoyable for you as it was for me. I’m glad that this started a great conversation and know that I will be making this presentation better in future. For those that haven’t seen this before, know that there were so many stories that go along with this presentation. Maybe, I’ll see you in person and I can tell you those stories.
Remember that WordCamp Toronto is coming up at the end of this month and that tickets are going fast! And hey, Matt and I are both speaking at the event. I hope to see you in my session first thing on Saturday, “Everything I Need To Know About Life I Learned At Code School”.
Thanks to the following people especially to the wonderful people that got me to WordCamp Ottawa this past weekend:
- Morten Rand-Hendriksen for teaching me CPT’s and ACF’s on Lynda.com and answering all my crazy questions on Twitter as I learned.
- Michelle Schulp and Dan Beil who helped me to understand why to use these wonderful things, not just the how.
- Shawn Hooper and Meagan Hanes who added me to the roster at the last minute to the schedule and gave me the chance to share this knowledge
- Michelle Ames and Matt Graham who were my patrons and offered me a place to stay and a way to get there.
- Bridget Willard who helped me set up the wonderful tip jar from Give.
It was an amazing weekend at WordCamp Ottawa! I really want to thank everyone who stayed until the very end to see my presentation, especially when I was a last minute edition. I really had a fun time giving this one and look forward to the feedback on this new presentation. As always, a big thank you to the organizers of WordCamp Ottawa for adding me to the roster. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this!